Friday, July 07, 2006

Things I Would Like to Do Based on Song Lyrics

Just a short listing of some things I would like to do that are contained in the lyrics of songs:

  • I would like to rock the mike like a vandal. I'm not even sure what this means, but it sounds like it could be fun.
  • I would like to wear my sunglasses at night. This might be the most achievable item on the list. As of yet, however, I have not worked up the courage, nor the required amount of preppiness, to go through with it.
  • I would like to drink from a fountain that is flowing like an avalanche coming down the mountain. Sounds very refreshing.
  • I would like to take the last train to Clarkesville. Who knows, I may not get another chance to go, and then I would get to say, "Hey, I was on the last train to Clarkesville."
  • I would like to get a machinehead that is better than the rest. I mean, nobody wants an inferior machinehead.
  • I would like to destroy my sweater. But I know that as soon as I do, my parents will ask me, "Where's that sweater we got you while we were on vacation in California?"
  • I would like to live in a yellow submarine. The only thing that is preventing me from doing this is the 1.6 billion dollar security deposit that the government requires.
  • I would like to play that funky music. After all, I am a white boy...it's time I do what I'm told.
  • I would like to get me a Chrysler that seats about 20. I'm sure it gets wonderful gas mileage.
  • I would like to run through the halls of my high school and scream at the top of my lungs. This would be pretty easy, considering that my high school only had one hallway. I don't think I would expend too much energy doing that.
That pretty much sums it up. Besides, when you work John Mayer into an article, it's time to hang up the keyboard.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are quite funny. I've always wanted to "act real, rude and totally removed," but I can never make myself do it.

Gudy said...

In a related note, I act like an imbusile quite frequently, so that of course, didn't qualify.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to drive a truck with my high heels on.

Anonymous said...

hey this might sound weird but I'm dying to know the name of the song and artist w/ the lyrics "drinking from the fountain thats flowing like an avalanche coming down the mountain" since it is part of this i figure you know PLEASE tell me it is killing me. Thanks!

Adidaskk9@yahoo.com

Jeff Kamp said...

It's "Pepper" by the Butthole Surfers. Really good song. I just can't ever tell my grandma to buy me an album for Christmas with the group's name being the way it is :-)