Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Random Thoughts, Vol. 1

  • Being the father of small children , I can appreciate wanting to make their birthday party a special occasion. I just don't want that specialness flying over my house and exploding.
  • Is it a bad sign when your daughter tells you that you have a lot of "fuzzies" in your nose and asks if she can get a tissue to clean them out? And then you have to explain that they're attached.
  • I figured out my problem with Pirates of the Caribbean 2: It wasn't nearly as fun as the first one. That pretty much sums up my review. If you want a more in-depth review by a ninja, you can go here.
  • Life always gets interesting when you are explaining things to the tech support people about which they should be more knowledgeable than you.
  • You know, it's hot outside.
  • Playing Hearts online is a lot like watching a relationship disintegrate : each party blames one of the other parties while completely refusing to admit any fault and we learn some new uses for swear words.
  • Lesson learned from our real estate agent: never tell a pregnant woman that she's getting really big. Okay, I knew that before, but obviously the agent didn't.
  • It's never good when you're at work and you get a Prince song stuck in your head.
  • And it wasn't even a good Prince song.
  • Some day, before my time on this earth is done, I want to be involved in a random musical number.
  • Why does pre-season football have to be so laden with mistakes?
  • One would think that if your football team is suffering numerous injuries in scrimmages against itself, then perhaps it's time to tone down the practices a bit.

No comments: